Name: AWOL Academy
Cost: $99 to $9,997
Income Opportunity rating: 2.5 / 5 Stars
#1 Recommended Online Business Training with Proof: Click Here
AWOL Academy, as its name suggests, is an educational program that teaches people about internet marketing, how to make money online, and achieve financial freedom.
AWOL Academy’s offering is what any Internet Marketing beginner wants – a roadmap to quitting their day jobs and living off earnings from internet marketing.
You often see these types of Internet Marketing Training on the web, and though they are legitimate, they are charging you an arm and leg for the education, like Digital Altitude, Six Figures Mentors and My Lead System Pro (MLSP).
Who is behind AWOL Academy?
The name AWOL stands for “Another Way of Life.”
When George was still a part of high-ticket multi-level marketing company Empower Network (a failing Internet MLM) between 2012 and 2015, he called his team “Project AWOL.” George eventually moved on from his MLM days and teamed up with Keala for AWOL Academy’s Internet Marketing mentorship program.
AWOL Academy is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. It has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since June 29, 2017 and currently has an A- rating.
How Does AWOL Academy Work?
Instructional videos are the main product of AWOL Academy. To access these videos, you need to pay for a course. The company has five main courses and a super-expensive VIP course worth $10k:
1) Pro Academy ($99)
Pro Academy – The “most affordable” package includes a coaching call and 25 videos spread over 4 modules.
Module 1 has six videos and talks about affiliate marketing, why this should be your focus, and how to set up your own business properly.
You’ll learn how to buy or set-up your domain name, web hosting, WordPress site, and business e-mail address.
Module 2 has 12 videos and discusses how to set up landing pages, e-mail autoresponders, and an automated sales funnel system. Here, Keala recommends several services that range from $12 to $79/month to copy what you’ve learned from this module.
Module 3 (with 3 videos) teaches you how to find affiliate products, while Module 4 (with 4 videos) discusses advertising options, conversion rates, and basically how e-mail marketing and tracking works.
2) Inbox Academy ($297)
Inbox Academy – This course teaches you all about e-mail marketing and effective strategies in turning visitors into subscribers.
Inbox Academy also has four modules that tackle basics of email marketing (module 1), email deliverability (module 2), open rates (module 3) and click-thru rates (module 4).
3) Conversion Academy ($997)
Conversion Academy is all about aggressive conversion for higher profit.
You’ll learn how to use persuasive language and storytelling in engaging and encouraging your audience to take action.
It is divided into more modules. With this course, you’ll learn epic story telling (module 1), mind control hacks (module 2), live sales formula (module 3), evergreen sales formula (module 4), high-ticket sales (module 5-6) and affiliate tracking (module 7).
4) Traffic Academy ($997)
With Traffic Academy, you’ll learn how to get targeted traffic to your website and direct customers who are looking to buy what you’re selling.
Traffic Academy includes step-by-step instructions on how to use various platforms to your advantage.
You’ll discover how traffic from Facebook (module 1), Youtube (module 2), Instagram (module 3), and Bing/Yahoo (module 4) can be used to direct people to your website.
Kameron George and Keala Kanae also share the CPA traffic formula that they are using for their own projects.
5) Masters Academy ($3,497)
This course goes out of the online space, and teaches you about strategic tax planning, money management, and other investments that could improve your earnings.
With Master’s Academy, internet marketing is no longer discussed. Instead, there’s mindset hacks (section 1), wealth strategies (section 2) and solopreneur to CEO (section 3) – all of which would reportedly help you in building your online-based wealth.
6) AWOL Elite ($9,997)
With this $9,997 AWOL Elite package (WOW!) you’ll receive everything from the lower-priced courses, plus a 2-hour weekly webinar and ultra-exclusive mentoring via the AWOL Academy forum and FB group.
Both Keala and Kameron participate in the mentoring sessions, which mean anyone who purchases this course can ask questions directly to the guys who started it all, seek advice on a particular issue, request for a sales funnel review, or find help with any problem you might face from the AWOL program.
What I like about AWOL Academy
- BBB Accredited –Every time a company seeks accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, consider it a good sign. As of August 2017, AWOL Academy has A- rating with 2 complaints, and one positive review.
- In-depth tutorials – Information on every module is useful, especially for beginners who have no idea what step to take in the world of internet marketing.
- Refund Policy – AWOL Academy has a no-questions-asked refund policy within 14 days after purchase.
- Coaching –Although the course with exclusive coaching is unbelievably expensive, you’ll find advice from advanced marketers on the AWOL Academy forum very useful.
- Affiliate Marketing option– Anyone who wishes to become an affiliate must pay $39.95/month on top of purchasing an AWOL course. With this, you receive access to done-for-you funnels, training videos, and other content. You’ll earn 30% commissions from referrals.
What I don’t like about AWOL Academy
- Steep Prices –Except for the first course that costs $99, all other AWOL courses are priced extremely high. Other similar IM training programs are available, but do not cost anywhere near what AWOL is offering.
- Push “Students” to Recruit Others –Some people who bought the courses complain that AWOL pushes to recruit others, instead of pushing you to work towards your online business goals.
- Upsells – Even if you purchase the cheapest course, AWOL regularly encourages existing members to upgrade to higher-priced courses. The way its programs are structured leaves many beginners with no choice but to upgrade, since the first course will only cover the basics.
- Recommended Products Add Expenses – In the modules, Keala and Kameron recommend various products to be able to achieve specific IM tasks. Many of these products require monthly subscription and could be costly for beginner marketers. For example, AWOL uses landing page builder – LeadPages, which has monthly fees ranging from $48 to $79.
- Training leans towards paid advertising – Paid advertising is effective, but costly. The problem with AWOL Academy is that its focus is more on paid advertising, than other less-expensive or free marketing alternatives. And since the AWOL Academy program is geared towards beginners, encouraging newbies to dip into paid advertising so early in the game is very risky.
Is AWOL Academy A Scam?
AWOL Academy is a legitimate educational and mentoring program with a focus on internet marketing.
The training provided by AWOL Academy is actually useful, and has been successfully replicated numerous times by experienced internet marketers.
However, these several factors make AWOL Academy seem like a scam:
- High price – The jump on course fees is unbelievable. From $99 to $297, then up to $997, $3,497, and lastly, $9,997, there’s no way to justify the high pricing. Most information included in the courses are readily available online (for free even), except for the private coaching.
- Guaranteed $10k Profit in 3 months – In this free webinars hosted by Keala, he guarantees $10,000 earnings within 3 months if you purchased Masters Academy or AWOL Elite – the two most expensive courses. There’s also strict conditions to this guarantee, such as listening to training audio daily, reading daily courses, generating traffic daily, emailing leads/lists daily, and mastermind daily (becoming active on the AWOL forum). You’ll have to spend more money too, since leads via paid advertising don’t come cheap.
- Affiliate Marketing– There’s no information about affiliates on the AWOL Academy website, mainly because it is only offered to its members. What potential members don’t know is that the company spends more time encouraging members to promote the program, than actually helping its members achieve what’s“taught” on the AWOL courses.
Verdict: Should You Invest in AWOL Academy?
AWOL Academy is not a scam, but you can find more in-depth internet marketing training for more than half the price. If you research the web diligently, you can even find internet marketers who share their knowledge without charge.
The problem with internet marketing gurus like Kameron George and Keala Kanae is that everything they teach has already been discussed by other IM leaders. They do provide a comprehensive training for beginners, but at such a steep price, in my opinion, AWOL isn’t worth the investment.
I’ve personally been through the stage you are at, trying to look for legitimate online business training that could potentially get you out of your day job.
And, I’ve tried, tested, and trusted many Internet Marketing gurus with little to no success, until I’ve found this Online Business Training Program. Best of all, you can get started for FREE.
If you are interested to know more about what the Online Business Training Program has done for me, you can check out my yearly results posted in the links below:
I hope this review has given you the insights you need to make an informed decision.
If you’d like to discuss more about AWOL Academy, please, feel free to leave a comment below. If you find this review helpful, please, share this with your social network.