Wealthy Affiliate is definitely one of the most talked about online business community on the internet.
If you have been searching for ways to make money online, I’m pretty sure you would have heard of Wealthy Affiliate, but the question is…
Is Wealthy Affiliate Legit? Can you really make money learning from it?
Now, I have a unique perspective on this because I have been with Wealthy Affiliate since 2014, and I have never left the program.
So, let me first share with you my story with the program and why I think it is one of the best training programs for beginners to start an online business…
Links Mentioned in the Video:
- Wealthy Affiliate Walkthrough: Click here
- Features and benefits: Click here
- Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories
- Melody sold her website for $38,479
- Zarina made $500 from her niche site in 2 days
- Grant made $2,000 for the month
- Marcus turned his WA knowledge into a Local Marketing business
- Andy made $146.35 in passive income
- Brok made $13,481.39 in a month
- Kuda quit his job and earn a full-time income from home
- Branton made $8,968 from his niche site
Hey there I am glad that you are here. I’m sure you are looking for a way to earn a passive income online, and I believe Wealthy Affiliate could be the right program for you.
It is the program that has transformed the lives of thousands of individuals who had no prior knowledge or experience, and allowing them to earn a full-time passive income from home.
I’ve personally witness this first-hand because I am one of those students whose life has been transformed.
In August 2017, after slogging and juggling two years between my full-time job and my “part-time” online business, I was finally able to quit my full-time job while earning a six-figure passive income from home.
I truly believe this can be possible for you too, with the right training and mindset. And the best part about Wealthy Affiliate is that you don’t need any knowledge or experience, or much money, to get started.
Overall rating : 4.5 / 5
Wealthy Affiliate is more than just a training program.
It is a thriving community made up of affiliate marketers from all levels (beginner to expert).
And, everyone in there has one common goal, which is to help each other find success online.
On top of that, WA provides you with the tools you need to build a business, which means you don’t need to spend extra money to buy required tools else where.
Everything is provided when you are a premium member.
Thousands of individuals, who had no prior knowledge and experience, have found success with this program.
That’s why I believe this is one of the best training programs for beginners who wants to start an affiliate marketing business.
It is inevitable that you will encounter lots of challenges when starting an online business, that’s why we need a great support team to help us along the way. With Wealthy Affiliate, you can get high-quality response within minutes of asking your questions. On average, I got my answers in 5 minutes.
You probably won’t see any programs out there that offers so much but charges only a small fee. After reviewing hundreds of “make money online” training programs, I can say this is one of the cheapest out there. Plus, you can gain access to the first module for free without putting in your credit card details.
Pros vs. Cons
- Training program has created many success stories. It is proven to work.
- Most suitable for beginners who knows nothing about starting an online business. Step-by-step over the shoulder training is provided.
- Teaches you to promote any kind of affiliate products found online. You are not obligated to promote Wealthy Affiliate.
- Offers you a flexibility of creating a business in any niche. Which means you can turn your passion or interest into an online business.
- Weekly webinars that shares the most current marketing strategies.
- The community is made up of many successful individuals.
- Provides Quick and Quality support. My record time is three minutes.
- Saves you about $50 per month from required tools (Web Hosting and Keyword Research Tool). These tools are included in the premium membership.
- Has affiliate program that pays recurring commissions, if you decide to promote them.
- Typically takes a couple of months to see results.
- It may be overwhelming because there are too many features and activities.
- The learning curve is steep, but there are step-by-step training to walk you through the process.
- Focuses mainly on getting organic traffic from search engines.
- There is no quality filter when it comes to the support in the community. Everyone is allowed to give opinion and share experiences, so this means that you may get poor advise from other members, especially members who are beginners.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate was founded by Kyle and Carson back in 2005, and it started as a humble keyword list membership site, which evolves into an online affiliate marketing learning platform that is supported by a thriving community of affiliate marketers.
It is arguably one of the most active and caring community around a common interest, affiliate marketing.
If you are unsure what affiliate marketing is, you can watch this video.
More than just a learning platform and a community, it provides a comprehensive suite of tools that is required for anyone to build an affiliate marketing business, like an in-house web hosting, keyword research tool, and an integrated website builder.
Wealthy Affiliate has gained traction right around 2013 because of the numerous success stories created by the training program.
And ever since, it has grown massively.
Last checked, Wealthy Affiliate has over 1.5 million active users, and this figure will continue to grow.
It is truly a good stepping stone for individuals, with no knowledge or experience, to start an affiliate marketing business.
Why is Wealthy Affiliate the Best Training Program for Beginners?
#1 It is Affordable
While other programs charge hundreds or thousands of dollars for Affiliate Marketing training…
You can gain access to all of Wealthy Affiliate (the entire library of training, coaching, community support, tools, and many more), for a fraction of the fee ($49 per month or $29.90 per month (if paid yearly)).
#2 Proven to Work
As you probably know, there are many success stories in Wealthy Affiliate. Don’t take my word for it…
Once you’ve created your Free Starter Membership, go to your dashboard, and scroll down to the section where it says “Success is Happening at Wealthy Affiliate”, then click on the “Show More” button:
There are genuinely many success stories, and this shows that the training in Wealthy Affiliate works!
#3 Quick and Easy Way to Get Started
- Step 1: Select a Profitable Niche
- Step 2: Build a Website
- Step 3: Create Content
Wealthy Affiliate has streamlined the entire process of starting an online business.
And, if you work through the process, you can get everything up and running within a day (depending on your ability).
By the end of the course, you’ll have a pretty looking niche website that is positioned for success.
Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth it?
The short answer is Yes, because you’ll be able to gain access to the entire library of training courses, recorded webinars, complimentary web hosting, keyword research tool, yada yada yada, you can see all the benefits here.
Now, even when so many features and benefits are stacked against each other at such a low price, still some people will not find value in the program.
This is mainly cause by the wrong expectations. Wealthy Affiliate is not a get-rich-quick program, and it focuses on teaching long-term strategies that work.
So, for people who are expecting or hoping to earn “quick money”, they will not see the value in the program.
Anyway, if you have been trying to earn money online, you’ll know that “quick money” does not exist.
Now, back to the topic, let’s put the dollar to the test shall we?
Here are the items you’ll probably need as a beginner to grow an online business.
($49 per month)
$5 – $20 per year
$5 – $20 per year
$3 – $20 or more per month
Keyword Research Tool
$20 or more per month
Step by Step Training
$100s or $1,000s
So, as you can see, the bare minimum of starting an online business is $28 per month, and you’ll have to figure things out yourself if you are a beginner.
But, with a Wealthy Affiliate premium membership, you’ll get everything you need at $1.60 per day, which is much cheaper than the cost of a Starbucks coffee.
So, whether or not you think Wealthy Affiliate is worth the money, I’ll leave it for you to decide.
My Personal Experience with WA
Wealthy Affiliate is the reason I was able to earn a six figure income (proof) that allowed me to quit my boring 9 to 5 job.
If it wasn’t for Wealthy Affiliate I would probably still be stuck in a cubicle, working at a job that I’m least passionate about, trading my precious time for money, and trying to climb the corporate ladder for the sake of giving my family a “better life”.
My Painful Journey Before Wealthy Affiliate
Years before I found Wealthy Affiliate, I was doing lots of side hustles so that I could “escape the rat race”.
I’ve joined many Multi-Level Marketing companies, tried stock trading, forex trading, real estate flipping, selling insurance, and I’ve even tried several affiliate marketing programs.
And, if I recall correctly, I’ve spent over $5,000 and hundreds of hours on those opportunities.
And, the worst part was, I didn’t learn much through the process.
I Was Tired Out…
And, I was almost ready to give up the idea of “being my own boss”. I was almost ready to start sucking up to my superiors and climb the corporate ladder.
And then, I saw an ad…
It was about this guy who was a broke construction worker and he was addicted to drugs.
He eventually overcame all odds and became a millionaire through affiliate marketing.
His story was so compelling that I took out my credit card and spent almost $2,000 on his courses because he claimed that I could double my investment in a couple of months.
Guess what? That didn’t work out either!
Every time I purchased something, it led me to buy more and more stuff, and before I know it, I was spending thousands…
Yet, I still didn’t learn much.
So again, I was even more determined this time to give up my hopes and dreams.
And, while I was researching online on how to get a refund from my failed venture, I chanced upon Wealthy Affiliate.
At that time, I was like, Man…
I was already on high alert, and I was about to close my browser and head off to work.
But, what caught my attention was that it was free to get started. And, this kind of offer was rare at that time. Usually, I had to pay a couple of dollars to get started.
So, once again, since it was free and it didn’t require my credit card details, I created an account with Wealthy Affiliate.
I only had the time to consume the information in Wealthy Affiliate when I got back home from work.
And, I was amazed by the information I could get for free, yet at the same time, I was a little annoyed.
I was annoyed because I’ve spent thousands of dollars learning the stuff that I could get in Wealthy Affiliate for free. That was the reason why I started to trust Wealthy Affiliate and continued with the training.
The Road with Wealthy Affiliate Wasn’t Easy though
In fact, I failed a couple of times, and I quit once.
My failure has nothing to do with Wealthy Affiliate, but it was an internal struggle.
But, what I learned was that you may not succeed the first time, or the second time, or the third…
But, as long as you keep it real, and keep moving forward, you will eventually find success.
So, skipping ahead to 2017, two years after I’ve joined Wealthy Affiliate, I’ve managed to earn a full-time income online through the business I started with Wealthy Affiliate.
Looking back, I couldn’t believe that Wealthy Affiliate could have such an impact on my life.
Why Do People Fail in Wealthy Affiliate?
Even with top-notch education, support, and a 100% commitment, there are still people who will fail.
And, there are several reasons…
1. Some people gave up too easily
Well, these are probably people who will never see success in anything that they do.
I am sorry to say this, but it is a fact.
I have seen many people “trying out the program” and giving up after a month.
Some people complain that there is too much work, some complaint that they have never seen any results, some never even started.
There are always reasons for people to give up.
But for those who didn’t give up, they have seen success.
As you already know, there are many success stories within the Wealthy Affiliate Community, and I sincerely hope that you will be the next.
2. People Who Are Too Impatient To Succeed
These are the type of people who will rush through the Wealthy Affiliate Courses, skipping lessons after lessons and thinking that they know better.
After months, they figured that they didn’t get results, they quit.
Honestly, rushing through lessons is what you shouldn’t be doing.
You have to take the time to immerse yourself in training, which means learning and executing.
Skipping any steps or missing any tasks would mean that you are taking a shortcut, and we know well where shortcuts lead us in life. So, do not ever commit that mistake.
3. People Who Are Not Doing Things Right
I have seen many people who are resistant to change, even if something is not working out for them.
Bear in mind that this is a business, and you shouldn’t take it personally.
Whenever you do not see any results within your first 3 months (at least some organic traffic coming to your website), it means that something is wrong. It is time to figure out what is wrong and fix it fast.
Many Wealthy Affiliate members followed the lessons blindly and expected success.
Well, to be honest, you have to think out of the box and put your creativity and problem-solving skills to work.
When you encounter a problem which you do not know how to solve, always seek help from the WA community.
The Wealthy Affiliate course is not a full proof system, but if you persist and continuously upgrade yourself and your business, you’ll soon be able to see some results.
You can’t expect to achieve success by following what everyone is doing, right?
You have to have your unique idea and thought process for your online business to work.
Do not be stubborn to think that you are right. In online business, you have to change, change and change until you find success.
Are There Any Wealthy Affiliate Bonus?
I’m glad you ask!
On top of the stuff you get from Wealthy Affiliate, if you join through the button below, here’s what you will get:
- My Passion to Profits Coaching Program – This is a supplementary course that I have created to help people get unstuck with the Wealthy Affiliate Training. It is a program that I spent months creating, and I am continually adding new training to it;
- A 40 minute High-Level Masterclass – In a short 40 minutes, you will learn (1) the concept of earning a full-time income from home, (2) the concept of scaling the business to six-figures, and (3) a blueprint to get your business off the ground.
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring with me
What Does Wealthy Affiliate Teach?
The goal of Wealthy Affiliate is to equip its members with the tried and tested knowledge about how to succeed with Affiliate marketing.
Here’s what Affiliate Marketing is…
Whether you have an interest or passion, or you just want to earn money online, Wealthy affiliate can help you turn those little ideas into a thriving online business.
The secret to online success is quite simple…
You have to (1) learn from the right mentors, (2) follow a proven success blueprint, (3) execute your new found knowledge the right way, and (4) be patient.
With that said, Wealthy Affiliate is well-known for its success blueprint, and here are the 2 paths (courses) that you can take:
#1: Online Certification Course
This course consists of 5 modules, and in each module, there are about 10 individual lessons that will guide you step-by-step on how to create an affiliate website that is based on your passion.
If you have a passion for Gardening, parenting, relationship, traveling, finance, or whatever passion you may have, you can turn your passion into an online business.
Here are snapshots of the Online Certification Course modules:
It doesn’t matter if you are a novice who has absolutely no idea of how a website works or how affiliate marketing works, you can rest assure that you will be a semi-expert in those areas after completing the course.
As a free starter member, you’ll be able to gain access to module 1, and premium members get to unlock all modules.
#2 Affiliate Bootcamp
The Affiliate Bootcamp is designed to teach its members how to promote Wealthy Affiliate or any products in the Make Money Online niche effectively.
It consists of 7 modules with 10 lessons each.
And, it is a comprehensive course that gives you an all-rounder knowledge about affiliate marketing.
Even if you don’t promote Wealthy Affiliate in the end, you’ll still take away with a good knowledge of how to start an affiliate marketing business in any niche.
Here are snapshots of the Affiliate Bootcamp Course modules:
Similarly, as a free starter member, you’ll be able to gain access to the module 1 of the Affiliate Bootcamp, and premium members will unlock all modules.
The Ugly Side of Wealthy Affiliate NO ONE Dares To Discuss!
Now, I promised right at the start of this review that I will be objective, and I am going to deliver that promise to you in this section.
#1 It Takes Too Long To Achieve Results
Because of the nature of what is taught in Wealthy Affiliate (Search Engine Traffic), its members will not see results fast.
It typically takes 3 to 6 months for Search engines to rank your content, and during this period, you’ve got to be consistent with posting at least 1 content every week.
Most people give up after 3 months or less because they couldn’t accept the fact that they’ve spent so much time and energy and not get rewarded.
So, if you are looking to earn money quickly with Wealthy Affiliate, then this program is not for you.
You may also be interested in reading:
- Why Make Money Online Fast, Free, Easy & Guaranteed are Pure Lies
- How Long Does It Take To Be Successful With Affiliate Marketing
#2 Restricted To Search Engine Traffic
While there are some courses and lessons (done by WA members) about other traffic sources like Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I feel that it is not conducive enough. At the end of the day, success with Wealthy Affiliate’s strategy boils down to Search Engine Traffic (for free traffic), and Bing Ads (for Paid Traffic).
I wouldn’t say that this is a deal breaker because search engine traffic is one of the best traffic for sales conversion, but I just thought that it would be better if Wealthy Affiliate provides more traffic resources in their core training.
#3 Competition is Too High
With such a low barrier to entry, everyone can build a website and create content.
At this moment, there are already so many well-established competitors, how can you beat them, right?
I too had the same mindset. There were many formidable competitors that I thought I couldn’t beat at that time.
So, how did I overcome this?
Stop thinking and start doing!
Google has an algorithm that is biased against older websites (though it is not a widely talked about topic, but I have had first-hand experience).
It gets harder and harder for older websites to get ranked on Google unless their content is updated, and in sync with the new algorithm changes.
So, there is an advantage for people who are just getting started.
#4 Talking Trash About Other Businesses
Now, this is a controversial topic. Many people claimed that Wealthy Affiliate teaches its members to bash other people’s business opportunity just to promote Wealthy Affiliate.
That’s totally untrue.
Wealthy Affiliate offers 2 ways for people to earn money:
- To promote Wealthy Affiliate; or
- Turn a Passion into an Online Business.
Honestly, most of the people I coach chose the second route and they have succeeded.
So, I don’t know where those naysayers are basing their facts.
What is Available to You as a Free Start Member?
Now, if you are interested to learn more about Wealthy Affiliate, let me share with you some of its benefits.
Without providing any credit card details, you can gain access to…
- Online Certification Course (Phase 1 of 5) – Consist of 10 lessons, and the objective is to help you build a niche website by the end of the course. You’ll also have a deep understanding of what Affiliate Marketing is;
- Affiliate Bootcamp (Phase 1 of 7) – Phase 1 of the training consist of 10 lessons, and this is focused on teaching you how to create a website in the “Make Money Online” niche;
- Training Classrooms (3 out of the 13 classrooms) – You will be able to ask your questions in these classrooms, and other WA members will jump in to help you out. The fastest response I’ve gotten was 1 minute, averagely you can expect a response within 15 minutes:
- Get Started Classroom (Free Starter Member)
- WA Affiliate Program (Free Starter Member)
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform (Free Starter Member)
- Free Websites (2 out of 50 websites) – Premium members are given 50 free sites;
- Keyword Research Tool (30 Searches) – A necessary tool for any website owners to get their content ranked on the Search Engines;
- Live Help (First 7 days) – Get 24/7 access to other Wealthy Affiliate members. Ask a question and get IMMEDIATE answers;
- 1-on-1 Coaching (First 7 days) – Find a successful mentor in Wealthy Affiliate (Like me), and send a profile message to chat with us.
Who is the Free Starter Membership for?
So many people have come to me and asked: “Can they earn money from the Free Starter Membership, and then decide to join the Premium after that.”
Let’s be realistic; the purpose of the Free Starter Membership is for you to have a feel of what you are getting into. It is NOT sufficient for you to become successful if you are a beginner.
If you are serious about finding success online, you should consider upgrading to the premium membership.
Premium Member Benefits
On top of the Free Starter Member features I’ve mentioned above, what I find most helpful for Premium members are the…
Extra Training and Coaching
- The Complete Online Entrepreneur Certification Course (5 Phases)
- The Complete Affiliate Bootcamp (7 Phases) – This 7 phases of training will equip you with all the knowledge you need to successfully promote any affiliate products in the Make Money Online niche (click here to get started).
- All 13 Classrooms (less the ones I’ve already mentioned above) – these classrooms are created to help solve a specific problem that a WA member will face:
- Search Engine Optimization Classroom
- Authoring & Writing Content Classroom
- Everything WordPress Classroom
- Social Engagement & Marketing Classroom
- Web Development and Programming Classroom
- Keyword, Niche and Market Research Classroom
- Pay Per Click Marketing Classroom
- Email Marketing Classroom
- Video Marketing Classroom
- Local Marketing Classroom
- Weekly Live Webinars – Live webinars will be hosted every Friday night, and recordings will be available for people who can’t attend live. Can you imagine how many recorded webinars there are in WA? Take a guess. They’ve done this since 2012.
- Private Message Function – You can send a private message to anyone within the Wealthy Affiliate Community. Generally, every WA member is friendly and are willing to help each other out;
- Web Hosting Package – Having a website is necessary if you want to earn money online. Those who tell you that you don’t need a site are either lying to you, or they are living in the past. Getting a website up and running (domain name and web host – see definition) requires extra cost (web hosting service typically cost $5 to $20 or more per month). As a premium member, you can host up to 20 domain names without paying an additional fee.
- Site Builder Package – There is a steep learning curve for beginners to set up their website. No kidding! I’ve tried it with other web hosting providers, and it was a nightmare. But with WA Site Builder, you can quickly build a website within 30 seconds! Wealthy Affiliate has streamlined the entire online business setup process.
- Unrestricted Keyword Research Tool – This is a super valuable tool. With unfettered access, you will unlock unlimited keyword competitive data. Typically, a keyword research tool will cost around $20 per month, but as a premium member, this tool comes as a complementary to your membership.
How Much Does Wealthy Affiliate Cost?
- Starter Membership – Free (Join Here)
- Premium Membership (1st Month Discount) – $19 (Join Here) – Available to people who’ve upgraded within the first 7 days.
- Premium Membership (Monthly) – $49 Per Month (Join Here)
- Premium Membership (Yearly) – $359 Per Year (Upgrade Available in Dashboard)
With the premium membership, you’ll never have to worry about upsells, because there aren’t any. You’ll get access to EVERYTHING! Period.
And if at any point in time you find that Wealthy Affiliate is not suitable, you can cancel the membership with just a few clicks, no question asked.
Wait! The FREE Starter Membership is NOT Available to Everyone (Updated)…
Back in 2018, people from the following list of Restricted Countries were not able to create a free starter account with Wealthy Affiliate.
I have good news for you!
As of April 2019, restriction for these Restricted Countries has lifted!
Which means that you are now able to create your free starter account with Wealthy Affiliate now!
However, the ban on the Blocked List still stands.
Restricted Countries (now you can create a free starter account):
- Nigeria (Not available even for Premium Membership, sorry. Alternative? Click here)
If you are serious about learning how to be an online entrepreneur, I genuinely believe that the Wealthy Affiliate premium membership can be your stepping stone to a better future.
Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam?
With all that is being said, I don’t think I need to explain further that Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam. Not even close to one.
It is indeed a program that genuinely wants people to succeed, and there are already many success stories created by Wealthy Affiliate.
People who claim that Wealthy Affiliate is a scam are probably those who:
- Didn’t achieve results; or
- Are furious at WA members who wrote unsparing reviews without proper knowledge.
And for those who feel disgruntled by the acts of WA members, I sincerely apologize on their behalf, because it is never the intention for WA to teach its members to act that way.
My Final Take
In my opinion, Wealthy Affiliate is the best bet for beginners to succeed online.
The things that you can learn from Wealthy Affiliate is proven to work, and they are always up-to-date.
And, once you are a premium member, you gain unrestricted access to EVERYTHING. It shows how sincere Wealthy Affiliate is towards guiding you to success.
I highly recommend that you join the Starter Membership and see where it can take you. I’m pretty sure you will love it. If not, you can come back here to scream at me.
Anyway, if you still have any questions, feel free to drop me a comment below.
I will do my best to help you in any way I can.
Once again, my name is Jack and thank you for reading this Wealthy Affiliate review.
You have a pleasant day!