Wealthy Affiliate Review - Best Online Training Course For Beginners?
It has been 4 years since I joined Wealthy Affiliate, and I still think that this is one of the best places for any beginners to start their online business.
As you read along this Wealthy Affiliate review, you will understand why I claimed this program to be the best.
The secret to online success is quite simple...
You have to learn from the right mentors, follow a proven success plan, execute your new found knowledge the right way, and be patient.
And in Wealthy Affiliate, you have all the right elements provided to you. It is up to you to decide if you can pull through to become successful (I'll explain more below).
At the same time, many people claim that Wealthy Affiliate is a downright scam. These are the things we will be discussing in this review.
My Success Milestone...
I've documented my journey with Wealthy Affiliate:
- 2015: How I Made My First Dollar Online (True Story!)
- 2016: Struggles Leading to My First Milestone
- 2017: The Story I Never Told
- Late 2017: Goodbye Full-time Job!
After years of juggling between my full-time job and my online business, I've finally said goodbye to my full-time job on 30 August 2017.
I am the living proof that the training in Wealthy Affiliate works!
What is Available to You as a Free Start Member?
Without providing any credit card details, you are able to gain access to...
- Beginner Training Course - Consist of 10 lessons, and the objective is to help you build a niche website by the end of the course. You'll also have a deep understanding of what Affiliate Marketing is;
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training (Phase 1 of 7) - Phase 1 of the training consist of 10 lessons, and this is focused on teaching you how to create a website in the "Make Money Online" niche;
- Training Classrooms (3 out of the 13 classrooms) - You will be able to ask your questions in these classrooms, and other WA members will jump in to answer your questions. The fastest response I've gotten was 1 minute, averagely you can expect a response within 15 minutes:
- Get Started Classroom (Free Starter Member)
- WA Affiliate Program (Free Starter Member)
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform (Free Starter Member)
- Free Websites (2 out of 50 websites) - Premium members are given 50 free sites;
- Keyword Research Tool (30 Searches) - A necessary tool for any website owners to get their content ranked on the Search Engines;
- Live Help (First 7 days) - Get 24/7 access to other Wealthy Affiliate members. Ask a question and get IMMEDIATE answers;
- 1-on-1 Coaching (First 7 days) - Find a successful mentor in Wealthy Affiliate (Like me), and send a profile message to chat with us.
Who is the Free Starter Membership for?
So many people have come to me and asked: "Can they earn money from the Free Starter Membership, and then decide to join the Premium after that."
Let's be realistic, the purpose of the Free Starter Membership is for you to have a feel of what you are getting into. It is NOT sufficient for you to become successful if you are a beginner.
If you are serious about finding success online, you should upgrade to the premium membership. I'll discuss more on the Premium Membership next.
Premium Member Benefits
As a premium member, you will have FULL ACCESS to everything! There's no hidden cost or upsells. It is unlike anything that you've experienced elsewhere.
On top of the Free Starter Member features I've mentioned above, what I find most helpful for Premium members are the...
Extra Training and Coaching
- 5 Online Entrepreneur Certification Courses - I'll discuss the details of the courses below;
- 7 Phases of the Affiliate Bootcamp Training - The "Make Money Online" Niche is lucrative. It has created hundreds or thousands of millionaires. This 7 phases of training will equip you with all the knowledge you need to successfully promote any affiliate products in the niche (click here to get started).
- All 13 Classrooms (less the ones I've already mentioned above) - these classrooms are created to help solve a specific problem that a WA member will face:
- Search Engine Optimization Classroom
- Authoring & Writing Content Classroom
- Everything WordPress Classroom
- Social Engagement & Marketing Classroom
- Web Development and Programming Classroom
- Keyword, Niche and Market Research Classroom
- Pay Per Click Marketing Classroom
- Email Marketing Classroom
- Video Marketing Classroom
- Local Marketing Classroom
- Weekly Live Webinars - Live webinars will be hosted every Friday night, and recordings will be available for people who can't attend live. Can you imagine how many recorded webinars there are in WA? Take a guess. They've done this since 2012.
- Private Message Function - You can send a private message to anyone within the Wealthy Affiliate Community. Generally, every WA member is friendly and are willing to help each other out;
- Web Hosting Package - Having a website is necessary if you want to earn money online. Those who tell you that you don't need a site are either lying to you, or they are living in the past. Getting a website up and running (domain name and web host - see definition) requires extra cost (web hosting service typically cost $5 to $20 or more per month). As a premium member, you can host 20 domain names without paying an additional fee.
- Site Builder Package - There is a steep learning curve for beginners to set up their website. No kidding! Tried it with other web hosting providers in the past when I was a beginner, and it was a nightmare. But with WA Site Builder, you can quickly build a website within 30 seconds! Wealthy Affiliate has streamlined the entire online business setup process.
- Unrestricted Keyword Research Tool - This is a super valuable tool. With unfettered access, you will unlock unlimited keyword competitive data. Typically, a keyword research tool will cost $20 per month, but as a premium member, this tool comes as a complementary to your membership.
Are You the Right Candidate For The Premium Membership?
This membership is not for everyone. Sure you can pay money to join the premium membership, but you'll be wasting your money if you are not serious about finding success.
Even with the top-notch education, the best support, and the best tools, the majority of the Wealthy Affiliate members still fail! Why?
It is because they are not patient enough!
They have the "get rich quick" mindset, and as soon as they don't see results after weeks or months, they quit.
And then they go on to find another opportunity, and then another, and then another.
Honestly, you'll never find success if you don't commit and focus on just ONE opportunity. That's the truth in just about any business opportunity. I'll share more with you about the absolute truth about making money online below.
So, if you think you have what it takes, and you are ready to take success by your hands, then click the button below. I'll be more than happy to be your guide every step of your success journey.
The Downright Truth about Making Money Online Nobody Dares to Tell You!
Let me sidetrack a little because I think this is important!
As you may know, I've reviewed hundreds of Make Money Online Programs. And, I didn't casually review training programs and give a vague opinion. I'll immerse myself with the training materials...
So, I know what's out there.
You Need a Skill Set
Being successful online means, you are going to get people to take action, like buying something from you or through you. It is not a magical formula.
You've got to possess a skill set to motivate someone to do something. This skill is not something that you can learn overnight.
You can't learn it by watching some training videos, you've got to acquire the skill by practicing.
Making Money Online Fast and Easy is just NOT POSSIBLE!
I am sorry if I have burst your bubble.
Freebies won't bring you anywhere!
If you are a freebie seeker, you'll probably find it hard to progress in any business.
That's because freebies are meant to be a bait, they'll never provide you with a full solution. That's how businesses are run.
Like if you go to a cosmetic store and you wonder why the promoter is willing to give you so many free samples, or when there are so many free food samples lying around the supermarket.
The same concept applies online.
No online businesses will ever provide you with a full solution unless you are a paying customer. That applies to Wealthy Affiliate as well.
The Starter Membership is there to help you get started, but to pull through to the finish line; you'll need all the training, support, and tools to get you there (the Premium Membership).
Every online business come with risk. There is NO WAY anyone can guarantee your success.
If someone claims to be able to do so, you'll need to run away from that person.
I know it is a leap of faith...
What if you've spent your money on the premium membership, worked hard every single day for the past few months, but you didn't see any results.
This is probably what you will experience if you've immerse yourself in the training.
The thing is, success will find us most unpredictably. So, you have to put yourself out there, be consistent throughout and continually seek answers.
YOU are the guarantee for your online success! If you don't give up, you will eventually find success, however long it takes. Make sense?
Why Do I think Wealthy Affiliate is the Best Bet for Beginners?
While other programs are charging hundreds or thousands of dollars for Affiliate Marketing training...
You can gain access to Wealthy Affiliate (the entire library of training, coaching, community support, tools, and many more), for a fraction of the fee.
Wealthy Affiliate is created for people who want to earn money online, but they are on a budget.
Let me break down the cost for running an online business:
($49 per month)
$5 - $20 per year
$5 - $20 per year
$3 - $20 or more per month
Keyword Research Tool
$20 or more per month
Step by Step Training
$100s or $1,000s
As you can see, you don't need a lot of money to run an online business. The most expensive thing about running an online business is the information and knowledge required (the Training Program and support).
All of which, if you are a premium member, is complimentary. Simply speaking, Wealthy Affiliate is a one-stop shop for you to run an online business. There's NO UPSELLS whatsoever once you have the premium membership.
I've been in search for programs that are similar to Wealthy Affiliate, I found a few, but they do not come close to what Wealthy Affiliate can provide.
Proven to Work
As you've probably known, there are many success stories in Wealthy Affiliate. Don't take my word for it...
Once you've created your Free Starter Membership, on your dashboard, scroll down to the section where it says "Success is Happening at Wealthy Affiliate", then click on the "Show More" button:
There are truly many success stories, and this shows that the training in Wealthy Affiliate works!
Quick and Easy Way to Get Started
To get you up to speed...
To start an online business, you'll have to:
- Select a Profitable Niche;
- Build a Website; and
- Create Content
All of which can be achieved in a day (depending on how fast you can execute).
The 10 part get started course available to the Free Starter Members, will walk you through the entire process and by the end of the course, you'll have a pretty looking niche website.
The Downside of Wealthy Affiliate - Things That NO Affiliates Dare To Discuss!
If you've walked the Wealthy Affiliate path before, but failed, you'll resonate with this.
Takes Too Long to Produce Results
Because of the primary strategy taught, which is to win the Search Engine game, Wealthy Affiliate members are taken through the process of...
- Selecting a Niche
- Build a Niche Website
- Do Keyword Research
- Constantly Create Content Related to the Niche
The problem with this strategy is that Search Engines will not rank your articles quickly.
It will probably take weeks, if not months, to take notice of your website.
And, during this process, you have to create content constantly. When I first started, creating a piece of content will take at least 4 hours. And, the recommended publishing frequency is 3 articles per week.
So, you can imagine the amount of time and effort that is needed for this strategy.
Most people give up after 3 months or less because they couldn't accept the fact that they've spent so much time and energy and not get rewarded.
But for those who held on and kept looking for answers, their business will flourish once every piece of the puzzle is in place.
So my advice to you is to be patient. If something doesn't work, seek help, and continue to search for answers. You'll eventually find success.
Competition is Too High
With such a low barrier to entry, literally, everyone can build a website and create content.
At this moment, there are already so many well-established competitors, how can you beat them, right?
I too had the same mindset. At that time when I first started with my online business, there are formidable competitors that I thought I couldn't beat.
The good news is, Google has an algorithm that is biased against older websites (though it is not a widely talked about topic, but I have had first-hand experience).
It gets harder and harder for older websites to get ranked on Google unless their content is updated, and in sync with the new algorithm changes.
Talk Trash About Other Opportunities or Businesses
This is a common complaint I've heard from many. Wealthy Affiliate members tend to talk down on other business opportunities to promote Wealthy Affiliate.
It is sad, because Wealthy Affiliate does not teach this method, but the members took it that way.
Many members will write negative reviews about an opportunity, and send people to Wealthy Affiliate, even if the opportunity has its merits.
This is something that Bare Naked Scam do not agree because there are programs out there, other than Wealthy Affiliate, that is worthy of a mention.
In my opinion, this is more of an integrity problem than a fundamental problem. So, do not let these members ruin your impression on Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is indeed a place that provides excellent training that works.
A Sneak Peek Into Wealthy Affiliate
Here's what you'll learn when you join Wealthy Affiliate as a Free Starter Member.
Online Entrepreneur Certification Level 1 - Getting Started
The primary goal for the "Get Started Course" merely is what it is, to get you started with your online business.
The hardest part of starting an online business is to take the first step, and this course will push you towards getting started.
Though you may not have a full-blown business by the end of this course, you will have a good grasp of what you are getting into.
Online Entrepreneur Certification Level 2 - Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
In Wealthy Affiliate, it focuses on Free Traffic, which means getting eyeballs on your offer from Search Engines, Social Media, Forums, etc. without paying a single cent.
Although you don't need to spend money on traffic, it comes with a trade-off, your time.
As I've said above, you'll need to spend a considerable amount of time each week to create content that pleases the Search Engines and your audience.
And in this course, you'll be taught how to create an eye-appealing content from scratch (From "what to write in a blog post" to "dolling up (design) your blog post."
Online Entrepreneur Certification Level 3 - Making Money!
Here's where everything starts to make sense. You'll understand how you can (1) monetize the blog that you've created, (2) learn about the different types of affiliate products available for your niche, and (3) select the most profitable affiliate product to promote.
Online Entrepreneur Certification Level 4 - Mastering Social Engagement
Nowadays, people hate to visit a “corporate” or a “salesy” website, but they love to visit sites that encourage social networking.
Building relationships and trust are what gets people to buy stuff online, and this course will teach you how to do that.
Online Entrepreneur Certification Level 5 - Achieving Maximum Success With Content Creation
Once you've created a piece of content, it doesn't stop there. You need to get maximum reach for your content (as many eyeballs on your content as possible) without spending a single cent.
And in this course, you'll be taught exactly how to do that.
Why Do People Fail in Wealthy Affiliate?
There are several reasons why people fail in Wealthy Affiliate.
Even with the top-notch education, support, and its 100% commitment to help people achieving success online, there is still a group of people who'll fail.
1. People Who Gave Up Easily
Well, these are the people who will never see success in anything that they do.
I am sorry to say this, but it is a fact.
I have seen many people "trying out the program" and gave up after a month.
Some people complain that there is too much work, some complain that they have never seen any results, some never even started.
There are always reasons for people to give up.
But for those who didn't give up, they have seen success.
As you already know, there are many success stories within the Wealthy Affiliate Community, and I sincerely hope that you will be the next success story.
2. People who are too impatient to succeed
These are the type of people who rushed through the Wealthy Affiliate Courses, skipping lessons after lessons and thinking that they know better.
After months, they figured that they hadn't gotten any results and they quit after that.
Rushing through the lessons is what you shouldn't be doing.
You have to take the time to understand and implement your new found knowledge a step at a time.
Specific tasks will be given after each lesson, and it is crucial that you complete all the tasks, to bring yourself a step closer to your goals.
Skipping any steps or missing any tasks would mean that you are taking a shortcut. We all know where shortcuts lead us in life, so do not ever commit that mistake.
3. People who are not doing things right
I have seen many people who are resistant to change, even if something is not working out for them.
Bear in mind that this is a business, and you shouldn't take it personally.
Whenever you do not see any results within your first 3 months (If you don't see at least some organic traffic coming to your website), it means that something is wrong with your online business. It is time to figure out what is wrong and fix it fast.
Many Wealthy Affiliate members followed the lessons blindly and expect success.
Well, to be honest, you have to think out of the box and put your creativity and problem-solving skills to work. When you encounter a problem which you do not know how to solve, always seek help from the WA community.
The Wealthy Affiliate course is not a full proof system, but if you persist and continuously upgrade yourself and your business, you'll soon be able to see some results.
You can't expect to achieve success by following what everyone is doing. You have to have your unique idea and thought process for your online business.
Do not be stubborn to think that you are right. In online business, you have to change, change and change until you find success.
How Much Does Wealthy Affiliate Cost?
- Starter Membership - Free (Join Here)
- Premium Membership (1st Month Discount) - $19 (Join Here) - Available to people who've upgraded within the first 7 days.
- Premium Membership (Monthly) - $49 Per Month (Join Here)
- Premium Membership (Yearly) - $359 Per Year (Upgrade Available in Dashboard)
With the premium membership, you'll never have to worry about upsells, because there aren't any. You'll get access to EVERYTHING! Period.
And if at any point in time you find that Wealthy Affiliate is not suitable, you can cancel the membership with just a few clicks, no question asked.
Wait! The FREE Starter Membership is NOT Available to Everyone...
Unfortunately, due to circumstances, people from the following list of countries will not be able to join Wealthy Affiliate as a free Starter Member:
- Nigeria (Not available even for Premium Membership, sorry. Alternative? Click here)
If you happen to reside in one of the Restricted Countries, you are still able to join Wealthy Affiliate, but as a Premium Member.
If you are serious about learning how to be an online entrepreneur, I truly believe that the Wealthy Affiliate premium membership can be your stepping stone to a better future.
Is Wealthy Affiliate a Scam?
With all that is being said, I don't think I need to explain further that Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam. Not even close to one.
It is indeed a program that genuinely wants people to succeed, and there are already many success stories created by Wealthy Affiliate.
People who claim that Wealthy Affiliate is a scam are probably those who:
- Didn't achieve results; or
- Are furious at WA members who wrote unsparing reviews without proper knowledge.
And for those who feel disgruntled by the acts of WA members, I sincerely apologize on their behalf, because WA never meant to teach its members to act that way.
My Final Take
In my opinion, Wealthy Affiliate is the best online training course for beginners who want to earn money online.
After a long search, there is no programs or opportunities out there that come close to what Wealthy Affiliate can provide.
The things that you can learn from Wealthy Affiliate is proven to work, and they are always up-to-date. I am the living proof that Wealthy Affiliate works.
Unlike other programs where they will sell you products after products (upsells), in Wealthy Affiliate, you'll get unrestricted access to EVERYTHING once you become a Premium Member.
Join the Start Membership Now and see where it can take you.
If you are still unsure or have questions, feel free to drop me a comment below, and I will do my best to help you in any way I can.
Once again, my name is Jack and thank you for reading this Wealthy Affiliate review. I hope I have provided you with sufficient information to make a sound decision.
You have a pleasant day!